Some of our favorite hikes:
- We love the woodland cemeteries near Doodletown.
- The first part of the hike is an uphill slog, then it is pleasant.
- Minnewaska State Park
- Awosting Falls
- Lake loop
- Go early, Minnewaska fills up quickly!
- Breakneck Ridge
- Tough scramble at the beginning, then beautiful views.
- Don’t go on a weekend during peak season if you can avoid it.
- Tallman Mountain State Park
- Afterward, get lunch in Piermont. Still feel like more activity? Walk out on the Piermont Pier.
- Palisades Alpine outlook Closter Dock Trail Loop
- Beautiful views, steep descent to the river. Looks like you are parking at a truck stop, because you basically are.
The NYNJ Trail Conference has the best maps.