We have a Kenmore dryer series 110 with the lint filter in the door.
I found this video helpful for disassembly:
- Remove lint screen.
- Unscrew the 4 screws at the bottom of the control panel in the back, then you can pull the full top forward and lift it up. Make sure to secure it up, otherwise you’ll probably need stitches.
- Unplug the door sensor in the front left once the lid is up.
- For the bottom panel, use a putty knife or long large flat screwdriver to depress the clips so the panel can pull out. Two clips, a couple inches in from each side.
- Unscrew the blower cover.
- Disconnect the humidity sensor.
- 4 more screws for the front panel, two on top and two on the bottom.
- Take pictures of everything before you start and before you take certain pieces apart in case you forget how they go together.
- This is the repair kit we got: https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Sikawai-Compatible-Whirlpool-Dryers-Replaces-4392067VP/dp/B08M3L36Z7/ref=sr_1_14
- The idler pulley, belt, and clips we got are good. The rollers are too tight, so I didn’t use them.
- Don’t touch the igniter. They are fragile.
- Take the time to clean all the lint out, especially in the blower assembly.
- The belt goes grooved side down against the drum. The grooves go in the motor shaft and keep it on there.
- Put the belt back where it is worn on the drum.
- The idler pulley rides outside the belt.
- The drum can go either direction.