The idea of using orgeat for a slightly nutty component came to me when I was looking at Gaby Mlynarczyk’s version of the mix, which browns the butter and uses macadamia nut liqueur. I make orgeat with heavily toasted almonds, so it fits the bill. I’d like to try browning the butter for this recipe, too.
- 2oz softened unsalted butter
- 2oz honey
- 1oz orgeat
- 2tsp cinnamon syrup
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1tsp allspice dram
Makes enough for ~6 drinks.
Whisk together. Store remainder in the fridge and mix again before using.
Drinks to use it in:
- House Pearl Diver
- Coffee Grog
- Try subbing this in for coconut cream in drinks like the White Cloud
- Polynesian Pearl Diver
- Pontchartrain Pearl Diver (Latitude 49)
- Cold Buttered Rum from Liquid Intelligence
- Basically you can do Gardenia, home-spiced rum, and lime juice.
- Polynesian Forty Niner from False Idol
- 3/4oz orange juice
- 3/4oz lime juice
- 1/2oz pear brandy
- 1/2oz madeira
- 1-1/2oz chai-infused bourbon
- Mystery Gardenia
- 1/2oz fresh lime juice
- 3/4oz Gardenia mix (I up it to a full ounce)
- 1 1/2oz “Cuban style” light rum
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Blend with crushed ice, double-strain into coupe glass, garnish with “the finest sprig of mint you can find”.
- Hidden Harbor’s Treasure Diver